AHLA Health Care Transactions Program April 16-17, 2015
April 16, 2015 - April 17, 2015
Gainsharing/Shared Savings Program Distributions—Fair Market Value: The Elephant in the Room
AHLA Health Care Transactions Program
April 16-17, 2015
Join HORNE Healthcare Partner Gregory D. Anderson, CPA/ABV, CVA, and Baird Holm Healthcare Partner John R. Holdenried, as they co-present Gainsharing/Shared Savings Program Distributions—Fair Market Value: The Elephant in the Room at the AHLA Health Care Transactions Program.
The Affordable Care Act and its payment and delivery system reforms have resulted in a proliferation of entities and programs designed to promote physician collaboration in quality and cost control efforts by distributing quality bonuses or shared savings incentives in return for improvements in quality metrics and cost-effectiveness of care. While CMS and other regulatory bodies have relaxed certain rules in an effort to encourage desired behavior, many models still implicate the Stark law, anti-kickback statute, and tax-exempt rules, and regulatory fair market value requirements still apply. This session combines legal and valuation perspectives on the fair market value of today’s gainsharing and shared savings models.
- OIG gainsharing advisory opinions and MSSP Stark law and anti-kickback statute waivers
- Examples of shared savings models outside the safety of advisory opinions and waivers and fair market value implications
- Measuring and rewarding quality achievement
- Capital considerations: who's funding the costs
- FMV implications in the context of a health system's employed physicians
- Best practices in shared savings valuation
For more information about this program, visit the AHLA.