AICPA Health Care Industry Conference November 11, 2015
November 11, 2015
AICPA Health Care Industry Conference
The Venetian & Palazzo Resort
Las Vegas, NV
Join HORNE Healthcare Partners Rud Blumentritt, CPA/ABV, CVA, and Gregory D. Anderson, CPA/ABV, CVA, as they present at the AICPA Health Care Industry Conference.
Valuation of Clinical Co-management Arrangements
Join HORNE Healthcare Partner Rud Blumentritt, CPA/ABV, CVA, and VMG Health Manager Alexandra Higgins as they co-present Valuation of Clinical Co-management Arrangements at the AICPA Health Care Industry Conference.
Co-management arrangements have become a widespread tool for hospitals to align with physicians in order to improve patient outcomes. When implementing any physician integration strategy, it is critical for the payments to physicians to be set at Fair Market Value. Attendees will:
- Discuss co-management arrangement objectives and various fee structures
- Discuss role of valuation firm vs. business operator and legal
- Discuss valuation methodologies for co-management compensation payments
- Discuss need for valuation update and other compliance implications
Performance-Based Compensation and Clinical Integration
Join HORNE Healthcare Partner Gregory D. Anderson, CPA/ABV, CVA, and King & Spalding Partner Joseph Lynch as they co-present Performance-Based Compensation and Clinical Integration at the AICPA Health Care Industry Conference.
Accountable Care Organizations and other clinically integrated organizations are gaining in acceptance in the care of Medicare, Medicaid and commercially insured populations; however, not all such organizations create an effective nexus between compensation and meaningful quality improvements and cost savings. Attendees will:
- Review history, background and other facts underlying clinical integration and the transition from volume-based to value-based compensation arrangements
- Understand laws governing payments by clinically integrated organizations to participating providers and waivers that exist to protect certain Medicare ACO arrangements
- Discuss key considerations in sharing savings with providers, achieving measurable quality, and investing in the long-term success of the organization
- Review fair market value concepts, commercial reasonableness and other key compliance considerations
For more information about this program, visit the AICPA.