Louisiana Hospital Association - Hacking Healthcare October 4, 2016
October 4, 2016
Hacking Healthcare: Are You Prepared for an Attack?
Louisiana Hospital Association
LHA Conference Center
Baton Rouge, LA
Join Director of Cyber Operations Wesley McGrew, Ph.D., and Healthcare Senior Manager Ken Miller, CPA, CIA, CRMA, CHC, CISA, as they present Hacking Healthcare: Are You Prepared for an Attack? at the Louisiana Hospital Association.
Cybersecurity has quickly become one of the biggest risks for healthcare systems today. From exposing sensitive patient data, interrupting operations, incurring financial expenses and legal penalties, as well as damaging patient loyalty and brand reputation, there is so much at stake. Through this interactive program, participants will learn how cybersecurity fits into their HIPAA security program, how to reduce exposure, uncover vulnerabilities and determine best practices for building hospitals’ cyber resilience.
- Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the requirements for a Security Risk Assessment;
- Identify elements that make for a comprehensive security assessment;
- Discuss requirements for periodic technical and non-technical review of your security program;
- Breakdown the scanning versus penetration testing – Cybersecurity assessments as part of the periodic technical reviews;
- Analyze examples of recent headlines of healthcare cyberattacks – what caused attacks and lessons learned;
- Define ransomware: Tips for responding to a ransomware attack; and
- Discuss best practices for building cyber resilience – Offense-oriented cybersecurity
For more information about Hacking Healthcare, contact Director of Cyber Operations Wesley McGrew at email@example.com or Healthcare Senior Manager Ken Miller, CPA, CIA, CRMA, CHC, CISA at firstname.lastname@example.org.