Chip is a valuation director and compliance consultant for HORNE healthcare focused on helping clients comply with various health laws that impact them, including Stark, Anti-Kickback, False Claims Act, HIPAA, EMTALA, Medicare Conditions of Participation, IRS Regulations and state and local healthcare laws.
Chip also serves as a legal advisor and subject matter expert advising clients and project teams on the design and implementation of federally-funded recovery programs established as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. He guides the development of policies and procedures and processing of eligibility and awards to ensure compliance with federal laws and regulations.
With over 20 years of experience as a financial analyst and over 25 years as an attorney, Chip is a published author and regular speaker on healthcare and legal compliance issues and an active member in several healthcare industry associations.
He holds the degrees of Bachelor of Arts from the University of Pennsylvania, Master of Business Administration from the Wharton School, and Juris Doctor from the University of Maryland. He also is a Certified Valuation Analyst.
- American Bar Association – Health Law Section
- Vice Chair of Physician Issues Interest Group (2017 to 2020)
- American Health Law Association (AHLA)
- Vice Chair of the Hospitals & Health Systems Practice Group (2009–2015)
- Founder and former Chair of FMV Affinity Group (2007–2009)
- National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts (NACVA)
- Member of the Bar in Florida, California (inactive), Maryland and the District of Columbia