Joey serves HORNE as managing partner for strategic growth. He previously served as executive partner from 2012 to 2021, leading more than 1,800 team members to build the Wise Firm© while passionately living out his life’s calling to help others see and reach their full potential. Prior to being named executive partner in 2012, Joey served as the managing partner of healthcare services and the managing partner of government services.
Within the profession, Joey actively challenges the mainstays of public accounting. He advocates growing leaders faster using holistic approaches and intentional sponsorship. In addition to his weekly beBetter blog, he is the author of numerous whitepapers and articles, including Becoming the Firm of the Future published by the AICPA. He has co-authored four books during his career at HORNE. Joey is an active member of CPA Practice Advisor’s Top 30 Thought Leaders, where he works with other accounting professionals to help lead and shape the industry.
Joey is a frequent presenter/teacher/facilitator on creating a culture of belonging, strategic planning, leadership development and loves to teach young professionals the ABCs to Outstanding.
Joey joined HORNE in 1984 and earned a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Mississippi.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants
- CPA Practice Advisor’s Top 30 Thought Leaders
- 2017 Mississippi’s Top CEOs by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Accounting Today’s 2016 Elite Managing Partner List
- Top 40 Under 40 Leadership Award by the Mississippi Business Journal