Day-to-day financial tasks are time consuming and take in-house resources often better used in other areas. Free yourself from having to staff, train and oversee back-office functions, and remove the headaches and worries of turnover and compliance with Managed Accounting Services from HORNE.
And as your construction business grows, we can easily scale to meet your needs. From providing CFO-level guidance, to instituting best practices, to helping you plan your financial future, we give you the peace of mind to manage your business with confidence.
Managed Accounting Services
We offer a complete array of construction-specific accounting and financial services. We’re large enough and experienced enough to address virtually any issues that arise. And with our proven background in construction, we can help you spot industry-specific issues and opportunities that other outsourcing and accounting firms may miss.
Contractors count on us for reliable, accurate and efficient payroll services. Help take away the worry about whether you’re compliant with federal or state laws. Our services include:
- Payroll checks, direct deposits or paycards
- Federal, state and local tax payments
- Quarterly and annual payroll filings
- Payroll record integration with general ledger for accurate profit/loss statements
- Annual employee W-2 preparation and reporting
- 401(k)/Simple plan deductions and submittals
- Worker’s compensation calculations and audit support
- Child support/garnishment withholding and submittal to authorities
- Client access for employee record maintenance, payroll review and approval
- Standard payroll record reports
- Analysis of accounting workflow to reorganize the flow of info to be more efficient
- Month-end close and producing financial package
Cash Flow Management
By monitoring and managing your cash flow more effectively, you can boost your bottom line, position yourself better for bonding and conduct day-to-day business with greater confidence.
We help you manage accounts payable transactions, analyze the financial trends of your business and monitor and project your business’ cash flow so you always have a clear picture of your financial footing — today, and in the months ahead.
- Weekly payment processing and outstanding payables updates
- Vendor payment history maintenance
- Oversight to avoid duplicate payment
- Cash management planning based on historical payments, future obligations and anticipated cash flow
Contractor Sales Tax Filings
Sales tax laws vary from state to state — and that’s particularly true for contractors. Construction tax and accounting has a unique set of rules on the timing of income and expense related to jobs. We can help you identify the best method of reporting income and determine the most cost-effective tax calculation.
Growing construction businesses often reach a “middle ground” where financial needs become more complex, but the budget or workload doesn’t justify a full-time CFO. HORNE gives you access to the leadership you need, within an affordable framework that lets you pay only for the services you use.
Our experienced CFOs and controllers can help you navigate the challenges that all growing businesses face and offer the guidance you need to develop sound financial strategy and better business decisions.