AHLA Annual Meeting June 26-27, 2018
June 26, 2018 - June 27, 2018
2018 AHLA Annual Meeting
Hyatt Regency Chicago Hotel
Join Healthcare Partners Greg Anderson, CPA/ABV, CVA, and David A. Williams, CPA, MPH, FHFMA, as they present at the 2018 AHLA Annual Meeting.
June 26, 2018 at 9:45 a.m. and June 27, 2018 at 9:30 a.m.
Join HORNE Health Care Partner Greg Anderson, CPA/ABV, CVA, and Davis Wright Tremaine Partner Robert G. Homchick as they present Gaining Ground: The Future of Gainsharing.
As CMS and the Administration change posture, providers are understandably confused over the emerging value-based world order. While the future is hard to predict, Gainsharing in one form or another is likely to be a key element in the evolution of the health care payment system.
This session will review the status of Gainsharing, including the regulatory landscape and fair market value challenges and open issues.
- “Gainsharing” and “Shared Savings” concepts
- Regulatory considerations
- Federal laws affecting Gainsharing
- Fraud and abuse waivers
- Non-waived arrangements
- State law issues
- Tax exempt issues
- Organizational structures: Contractual and financial arrangements
- Fair Market Value and Commercial Reasonableness
- Financial and market impact analysis
- Crystal-ball predictions
June 26, 2018 at 11:00 a.m.
Join HORNE Healthcare Partner David A. Williams, CPA, MPH, FHFMA, Summa Health System Senior Vice President and General Counsel Robert A. Gerberry, and Baker Donelson Shareholder Catherine A. Martin as they present Use of Financial Data in Business Planning for Health Systems.
Hard trends regarding technology and the use of referral data and its impact on health care delivery focusing on:
- Technology–data repositories available and system support, types of data available, importance of downstream referral information on operations, and the organizations’ mission in the community related to access, quality, and outcomes
- The do’s and don’ts of utilizing data–downstream referral data used as a business decision tool rather than a compensation tool, legal considerations, practical guidance, and best practices
- The importance of systems–understanding the importance of clear communication and avoiding the landmines of not properly utilizing data
- Case study
For more information about this conference, click here.