AICPA Health Care Industry Conference November 18, 2016
November 18, 2016
AICPA Health Care Industry Conference
Hilton Downtown Nashville
Join HORNE Healthcare Partner Gregory D. Anderson, CPA/ABV, CVA, and Manager John Elliott, FACHE, LSSBB, as they present at the AICPA Health Care Industry Conference.
Real-World Risk for FMV and Commercial Reasonableness BMO SKA Compliance
Join HORNE Healthcare Partner Gregory D. Anderson, CPA/ABV, CVA, and Ankura Senior Managing Director Tim Smith, CPA/ABV, as they co-present Real-World Risk for FMV and Commercial Reasonableness BMO SKA Compliance at the AICPA Health Care Industry Conference.
How have FMV and commercial reasonableness (CR) issues played out in recent cases and settlements involving hospital-physician financial arrangements? What lessons can be learned from these cases to manage real-world compliance risk? Surprisingly, many key lessons are not technical or legal, but deal with organizational, process and risk-management issues. This session will provide attendees with an in-depth review of FMV and CR issues in recent enforcement actions involving hospital-physician transactions. The presenters will use lessons learned from these cases to highlight how many common industry practices yield high FMV/CR risk and how improved processes can reduce and manage such risk. Attendees will:
- Learn what FMV and CR issues are driving recent enforcement activity for hospital-physician arrangements and transactions
- Use lessons learned from recent cases to analyze organizational processes, practices and outcomes and identify high-risk FMV/CR
- Develop improved organizational structures and processes to manage and reduce real world FMV/CR compliance risk
Roll with the Changes: Improving Outcomes in a Changing BMO SKA Health Care Environment
Join HORNE Healthcare Manager John Elliott, FACHE, LSSBB, he presents Roll with the Changes: Improving Outcomes in a Changing BMO SKA Health Care Environment at the AICPA Health Care Industry Conference.
Changes are happening quicker than an abstract can be published for this session. MACRA passed in April 2016; CJR expanded in July 2016; initiative to bundle cardiac AMI and CABG procedure payments in July 2016. Three case studies will be presented in an interactive format to facilitate the process of analyzing processes, the tools and techniques utilized, and how to project your outcome results. This session will provide the reasons data analytics and outcome improvement engagement are so important in today’s health care environment. Topics will include:
- Visualizing your hospital processes operationally, financially and qualitatively (patient safety) without relying on the perceptions of your managers and supervisors
- Identifying the variables that impact the outcomes and results in each of these areas
- Understanding why changing the way we do things is so important in this new environment This session will promote facilitated discussion in which everyone can learn from each other.
For more information about this program, visit the AICPA.